Vision Brings Victory
"Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance." Acts 26:19-20
Paul's vision on the road to Damascus became the captivating force behind his success. The apostle teaches us the power of a vision. God's vision for Paul accomplished a number of things:
- It stopped him. Vision allows us to see ourselves. We see things not as they are, but as we are.
- It sent him. Vision allows us to see others. We feel compelled to act.
- It strengthened him. Vision enables us to continue despite struggles and lack of resources.
- It stretched him. Vision gives us conviction to stand, confidence to speak, and compassion to share.
- It satisfied him. Obedience to this vision motivates us to act. It fulfills us.
Excerpt from The Maxwell Leadership Bible.